Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sonic Fighters Falcon



The original Sonic Fighters are a really good and often overlooked subgroup. Their colors are mostly excellent and it’s easy to find uses for the figures. Sporting a grey and black outfit, this version of Falcon is a great looking figure perfectly suited for urban settings.

When I first got back into collecting, my brother and I went through his old collection of 90’s Joes. At the time I didn’t appreciate those figures much, but a few stood out to me that used classic molds, but in reasonable colors like this figure does. Falcon quickly became a figure I looked at often, even upon acquiring an original, this Falcon remains as one of my favorites.

His accessories aren’t among the greatest, his backpack being an awkward piece of junk and his guns being downright strange. Unlike many figures of the era, Falcon’s parts were new and unique to him. One of his guns is a very sci-fi looking underarm riffle type thing; I don’t really know how to describe it. Generally speaking, I’m a bit of a realist when it comes to these figures, but I can get over it if it improves the figure. I don’t really see any play value added by this gun however. His other gun is large and kind of forgettable. I think this is the kind of figure who isn’t bad to acquire sans parts given all of this.

GI Joe G.I. Joe Hasbro Cobra Falcon Duke Flint Super Sonic Fighters 1991 Vintage
GI Joe G.I. Joe Hasbro Cobra Falcon Duke Flint Super Sonic Fighters 1991 Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment